The Australiana Pioneer Village | Wilberforce
Their New South Wales Heritage Listed Village is set on 28 acres of beautiful Picnic Grounds on the banks of the Hawkesbury River at Wilberforce.
The local NSW Heritage Listed buildings were saved from demolition in the late 1960’s and early 1970s and relocated to the site one at a time.
They now form an 1810 Village streetscape including a Church, Shearing Shed, Blacksmith’s shop, The Damper Camp and The Oxboro Inn (their two eateries).
They have shops within some of the buildings as well as a Railway Station, Post Office, Perry House – the House of the Shady Ladies, a Bank, Rose Cottage – the oldest timber dwelling in Australia, and many more.
The Village is run entirely by dedicated Volunteers and opens every Sunday.